Our mission is to provide quality nutritious meals that support the growth and development of our students to fuel their learning.
Child Nutrition Services Staff
For questions regarding payments, account balances or invoices, please contact:
Administrative Support Assistant: Janet Murray | 507.663.0618
Child Nutrition Director: Stephany Stromme, RD, LD | 507.645.3432
Kitchen Managers (Please place your call before 10:30 a.m. or after 12:30 p.m.)
Bridgewater Elementary: Vicki Malecha | 507.664.3323
Greenvale Park Elementary and Longfellow School: Mitzi Holden | 507.645.3509
Sibley Elementary: Lori Malecha | 507.645.3490
Northfield Middle School: Shari Malecha | 507.663.0668
Northfield High School and ALC: Cecelia Green | 507.663.0604
Welcome! What’s New This Year
It’s a great time to try school lunches—our cafeterias continue to meet challenging federal nutrition standards for school meals and snacks, ensuring that they’re healthy and well balanced, and we continue to work on including fresh, local foods. We’re also excited to introduce some new things!
Free or Reduced Priced Meals
In 2014, Minnesota was the second state to pass into law that all children who qualify for free or reduced priced meals will receive meals for free. Minnesota continues to lead with these efforts to eliminate childhood hunger and ensure that we provide children the food they need to be successful.
- Households qualifying for reduced price meals for the 2017-18 year will continue to receive free breakfast & lunch.
- The bill referenced above also included the financial resources to provide all kindergartners with free breakfast regardless of their household eligibility.
- You can now submit your Free and Reduced Application for Educational Benefits online through Family Access. Please visit the Educational Meal Benefits page for directions.
We are in our 9th year of serving local products in meals. You may have noticed the MN logo on the September and October menus, indicating a Farm-to-School product.
New Menu Items
At all schools we will serve both hot and cold vegetables daily to offer a wide variety of choices, and:
- We will be offering a “Build Your Own Burrito” line at the high school and middle school on Wednesdays located in the salad bar line. Students have the option of creating a whole grain, soft-shell burrito or a burrito bowl with a variety of fresh vegetable toppings.
- We will be offering a Raider Nation Grill’d Greats line daily at the high school and middle school. This line, previously known as the hot ala carte area, will allow students to choose an entree from a two week menu rotation and select a variety of fresh fruits and veggies to make a complete meal.
- Child Nutrition Services has joined a Food Focus group that is looking at ways to incorporate more foods with cleaner labels. As part of this initiative many of our cereals and hot breakfast items will have no artificial colors and no artificial flavorings.
Smart Snack Options
We have been making annual changes to our snack and ala carte products for the last six years, to meet the USDA competitive foods final rule and the Healthier US School Challenge guidelines. We will continue to make changes this year to be in compliance with the smart snack guidelines and to provide some nutritional alternatives to supplement our main menu.
Visit or contact us!
We invite you to join your children for lunch or breakfast at anytime. If you have comments or questions, please call 507.645.3432 or email me at email@example.com. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve your family!
Stephany Stromme, RD, LD
Child Nutrition Director