Yearbooks are on sale @ Jostens.com Purchase by September 20th for the lowest price
Northfield High School
Academic and Extra-Curricular Enrichment for Grades 9–12
Northfield High School, situated on a 52-acre campus just south of downtown Northfield, is a public school serving approximately 1,250 students in grades 9–12. The staff of more than 135 is led by Principal Joel Leer alongside Assistant Principals Jeff Eckhoff and Marnie Thompson. Staff are intensely dedicated to offering a high quality, well-rounded education that strives to meet the specific needs of each student and prepare graduates for lifelong success. Our curriculum and approach are intentionally designed to empower learners and help them discover their purpose.
We are proud to be among the top schools in Minnesota in a variety of categories, including National Merit Scholarship recognition, Minnesota Comprehensive Assessment scores, ACT scores and Advanced Placement offerings and scores. Our school year is on a semester schedule with school days divided into seven periods, each 50 minutes in length.
In addition to the academic support students receive from educators, Northfield High School recognizes the tremendous benefits of a mentor relationship, offering an acclaimed, results-oriented program that pairs a number of students with adults in the community who can provide friendship, encouragement and homework assistance.
- Enrollment: 1,239 students
- Advanced Placement (AP) classes: 16
- In 2014, 85% of students who took AP exams for college credit scored 3 or higher
- Honors/Advanced courses: 11
- The average student-teacher ratio: 22:1
- Average ACT composite score: 24.4
- 68% plan to attend a four-year college or university
- 15% plan to attend a two-year college
- 9% have other plans that include entering the workforce, enlisting in a military branch, traveling abroad or volunteering
- 2015 National Merit Semifinalists: 3