Families may pay for meals using cash, check or our online payment systems. Checks may be made out to Northfield Public Schools and must include the student’s first and last name and personal identification number (PIN). All schools have payment envelopes and collection boxes placed in the Child Nutrition area for receipt of payments. Cash payments will be accepted in a sealed envelope with the student and parent’s first and last name, PIN, and the amount of payment written on the outside of the envelope. Payments may also be mailed to Northfield Public Schools, Child Nutrition Office, 201 Orchard Street South, Northfield, MN 55057.
Payments using a debit/credit card or a checking account can be made online through Family Access.
Family Access Payment Steps
- Go to northfieldschools.org and click on Payments or click the button below. You can either login to Family Access to continue or apply for a Family Access account if you do not have one.
- After you have logged into Family Access, you will need to click on the Food Service tab to the left of the screen.
- This will bring up your child/children. Click “Make a Payment” (next to the child’s name),
- Next click update payment amount for the student.
- Enter the amount and click on update cart.
- Complete these steps for each additional child or if your order is complete click the “Pay with Vendor” button located on the top right of current page.
- Click “Go to check out” button.
- Set up an account with RevTrak using your email address.
- Continue to follow prompts to complete billing and payment information.
- Now available with RevTrak is the auto replenish option. Auto-replenish is available mid-August and each school year you will need to select if you would like this option. Auto-replenish will only be on during the school year.
Account Balance Statements
Parents or guardians are responsible for monitoring their student’s meal account balances. Child Nutrition Services will make every reasonable effort to notify families of the need for a meal account payment. We utilize an automated school messenger system to contact families about low and negative balances using both phone calls and email notifications.
Family Access will allow you to view meal account balances, payments and purchases. Statements will be made available upon request or can be printed using Family Access. To request a statement, parents, guardians and staff may contact the kitchen at each school or the district office. We will make every reasonable effort to contact you if your student’s account balance is running low or negative. Please review the following procedure for any questions that you may have concerning your students account balance.
Balances remaining on accounts at the end of the school year will be automatically carried forward when school reopens. Balances follow students to their next building assignment. Positive senior meal balances will be transferred to a younger siblings account or Angel funds account if no other siblings attend Northfield schools and a refund is not requested. Refund requests must be submitted in writing by completing the refund request form. A check will be issued in the amount of the refund. No cash refunds will be made. Before submitting a refund request please make sure that you have auto replenish turned off. Click here for instructions on how to turn off auto-replenish payments in RevTrak.
Angel fund accounts have been created at each of our schools (Northfield High School, Northfield Middle School, Bridgewater Elementary, Greenvale Park Elementary, Spring Creek Elementary, ALC and NCEC). Individuals are able to donate on-line through Rev-Trak or make cash/check donations. Donations can be made to a specific school. If a specific school is not requested the account in which donated funds will be applied will be determined by greatest school need. If a specific school is not requested and the donation made is over $1,000.00 the donation funds will be reviewed by the school board and divided based on the percentage of debt owed at each school.