Northfield PLUS Program
|____ Performs substantially below the performance level for pupils of the same age in a locally determined achievement test.
||_____ Has been excluded or expelled.
|____ Speaks English as a second language or has limited English proficiency.
||____ Is a victim of physical or sexual abuse.
|____ Has experienced mental health problems.
||____ Has experienced homelessness sometime within six months before requesting a transfer to an eligible program.
|____ Has withdrawn from school or has been chronically truant.
||____ Is behind in satisfactorily completing coursework or obtaining credits for graduation.
This is a Minnesota Department of Education program in which students must meet (Minnesota Statutes, section 124D.68, Subdivision 2) criteria as well as the following. Please note the following criteria students must meet in order to enroll in the PLUS program:
- able to follow verbal instructions and directions provided by Plus Program staff and supervisors;
- demonstrate age-appropriate cooperative play and work behaviors (i.e., turn taking, sharing, etc.) in both small and large group activities with minimal adult supervision;
- able to work independently without disturbing others when assigned individual tasks;
- able to safely and successfully transition from one activity to another, and from one location to another with minimal adult supervision; and
- refrain from hitting, kicking, biting, and other forms of physical aggression toward other students and staff.