– If you are unable to leave a message, please report student absences via email to your school’s office or try calling the main office phone lines. The district is working to replace its voicemail server to once again allow for the recording of messages. Thank you!
Attendance Lines Down
Report an Absence
Maintain the Heath, Safety and Wellbeing of Every Student
Northfield Public Schools must be made aware of any absences to ensure each student’s safety and wellbeing. Absences must be legitimate. Every minute of a child’s time at school is important. Children who are absent for even one day, or who arrive later than their classmates, miss valuable instruction time and can easily fall behind in school. They also miss important socialization time and fun with their peers.
Call the Attendance Line
Please call the school attendance line at your child’s school by 9 a.m. every day that your child will not be in school. This line is a recorded message that you can call anytime, 24 hours a day.
Area Learning Center: 612.695.2139
Greenvale Park: 507.645.3506
High School: 507.663.0616
Middle School: 507.663.0655
If a phone call is not received by 9 a.m. and your child does not arrive at school, you will be telephoned to verify the absence.
Students who arrive after the beginning of the school day are to check in with the office for a late arrival slip before reporting to their classroom.
Should My Child Stay Home From School?
Parents frequently have questions about when it is appropriate to stay home from school because of illness. Here are some guidelines to help with your decision.
- If your child has had a temperature of 100.0 degrees or higher in the past 24 hours
- If your child has vomited within the past 24 hours
- If your child feels ill enough that he/she would not be able to benefit from school
- If having your child at school would significantly put others at risk for contracting your child’s illness
Please contact your school’s nurse if you have questions. Visit the Health Services section for more information.