The mission of TORCH is to improve the graduation and post-secondary participation rates of Northfield’s minority students, low-income students, and youth who would be first-generation college attendees.
TORCH partners are committed to the establishment and monitoring of outcome measures to assess the project’s success. Through the proposed activities, TORCH partners expect to also see the following measurable outcomes annually:
- 90% of TORCH students will remain in school.
- 90% of TORCH seniors will graduate from high school.
- Over 50% of TORCH graduates will pursue post-secondary education.
- 60% of TORCH graduates enrolled in post-secondary schools will complete their first year in college and progress towards earning a degree.
- 40% of TORCH students will demonstrate improvement in core academic subjects.