Students and staff are welcome to visit the media center at any time—our hours are 7:15 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
Distance Learning & COVID-19 Updates | » Click here for updates and archived messages to families.
Media Center Staff
Search for books or check your account online. Use your 4-digit lunch number for both your username and password. To check your account, click on My Info after logging in.
Check out our collection of online databases; these companies provide student access to reference resources, including newspapers, books, magazines and multimedia content.
Student Resources in Context (Gale)
Explora Teens (EBSCO)
Points of View Reference Center…
ProQuest Global Newsstream Newspaper articles from hundreds of papers including the Minneapolis Star Tribune, St. Paul Pioneer Press, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, The New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Barron’s, USA Today, and many more.
The World Book Web is a suite of online research tools that includes encyclopedia articles, primary source collections, educator tools, student activities, pictures, audio, and video, complemented by current periodicals and related Web sites.
CultureGrams offers concise, reliable, and up-to-date country reports on more than 200 cultures of the world. CultureGrams go beyond mere facts and figures to deliver an insider’s perspective on daily life and culture, including the history, customs, and lifestyles of the world’s people. CultureGrams includes the World Edition, Kid’s Edition, State’s Edition, and Canadian Provinces Edition.
Critical Insights series -This comprehensive series distills the best of both classic and current literary criticism of the world’s most-studied literature. Each volume in the series focuses on an individual author’s entire body of work or on a single work of literature.
Chronicle Occupational Briefs present information on more than 2,000 occupational titles, including 650 comprehensive occupational descriptions, ranging from those that require a high school diploma or less, through professional careers. You may select from the more than 2,000 occupational titles in the Alphabetical List of Occupations to find relevant occupational information.
Username: northfield | Password: raiders
- Documenting Sources
Find instructions for accessing the district’s account with Follett eFiction and online website to access free audiobooks.
Students can access free eBooks and eAudio books with the district’s Destiny system.
Many websites offer free audio books that are in the public domain and are read by talented narrators. Download stories directly onto a computer, and put them on an iPod or other mobile device or burn them onto a CD. Below are some good places to find free audio books on the web.
- ESL Bits (Classic and Popular Audio Books)
- Free Classic Audio Books (think Mark Twain and Lewis Carroll)
- Librivox should be your first stop for audio browsing.
- Podiobooks is an interesting way to get audio books; they offer complete books in episodic form so you can get just a chapter at a time via RSS or by iTunes. In addition, you can simply click and listen to a story online.
- OpenCulture Free Audio books has a long list of quality audio books, as well as poetry and podcasts.
- AudioBooksForFree is a large site that offers hundreds of audio books. The only hitch is that their books and lectures come in small files; you can download a book all at once for a fee.
- ThoughtAudio has a worthwhile selection of classics.
- Learn Out Loud has one of the best collections of audio books, lectures and educational podcasts.
- Lit2Go is a collection of stories and poems in audio book format, from the Florida Educational Technology Clearinghouse.
- BooksShouldBeFree gives you a dozen plus categories to choose audio books from – from anthropology to war.
- Project Gutenberg has a large selection of human-read audio books. Search by author, title, language and more.
COMPUTER LAB RESERVATIONS
Staff can check the availability of the media center’s computer labs below and then contact us to reserve space.
Computer Lab and Cart Schedules
Computer Lab 1
Computer Lab 2
Chrome Book Cart #2 Chrome Book Cart