Northfield Teaching Fellows
The Northfield Teaching Fellows is a “grow your own” program funded by a grant from the Minnesota Department of Education. This program is intended to help Black, Indigenous, or People of Color (BIPOC) with a Northfield connection attain their Minnesota teaching license.
There is a rolling application process. Please complete an application using one of the two versions below. Email the completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Northfield Teaching Fellows program is open to applicants who are Black, Indigenous, or People of Color (BIPOC) attending or planning to attend a Minnesota Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board-approved (PELSB-approved) teacher preparation program.
Applicants must meet one or more of these criteria:
- Have graduated from Northfield Public Schools
- Be a parent of a current Northfield Public Schools student
- Live within the Northfield Public School district boundaries; and/or
- Be a current Northfield Public Schools employee
- Tuition assistance of up to $2,500/year
- One-on-one advising support throughout the program
- Stipend to assist with other living or college costs ($1,000/year)
- Connection with a mentor teacher