Volunteers have an incredible impact on the quality of the education offered at Northfield Public Schools. There are countless ways to contribute – from hosting a book club for elementary students and serving lunches in the middle school to sharing with high school students the details of your job and what it takes to enter the industry.
To get started, we invite you to reach out to the volunteer coordinator at the school or program that you’d like to support, or fill out our volunteer interest form and we’ll connect you with the appropriate staff person.
Booster organizations welcome volunteers to help support students throughout the district, and information and meeting details can be found through the school websites. In addition, there are groups working to enhance the ability of all students to participate in athletics and fine arts programs. Learn more here »
- Volunteer Coordinators
Greenvale Park Elementary
Northfield Middle School
Northfield Middle School TORCH
Northfield High School
Northfield High School TORCH
Accelerate Northfield (Tutoring)
- Before You Begin Volunteering
Background Check & Confidentiality Acknowledgment
All volunteers are required to sign a confidentiality acknowledgment, plus an informed consent form that grants permission for the district to conduct a criminal background check. You may download these forms using the links below. You can also receive a copy from the district staff member or program you plan to volunteer with. Please return completed forms to the staff member or program for which you will volunteer.
Online Volunteer Training
Only volunteers for afterschool/out-of-school time programs need to complete online volunteer training.
Our volunteer training mini-course covers the basics of volunteering with Northfield students. The Schoology-based course includes a brief volunteer questionnaire, three short training videos and three short quizzes. Completing the entire training should take less than 30 minutes. You may start and stop as you wish; just be sure you know where you left off.
All volunteers are expected to have completed the entire training before their third session of volunteering in our schools. Instructions for how to get started are listed below.
- Go to Schoology.com.
- If you’ve used Schoology before, login the usual way. If you’ve never used Schoology, don’t worry! Setting up an account is quick, easy and free. To sign up, click the “Sign up” button in the top, right corner. Click “Instructor” for account type. Next, enter in the information required to make your account.
- Once in Schoology, go to the “Courses” tab in the top navigation bar and select “Join.”
- Enter VVMBH-33K3G as the access code.
- You’ve now joined the “Volunteer Training” class! On the class page for “Volunteer Training” click the “Materials” section on the left navigation bar.
- Enter the “Module 1” folder located on the center of the screen by clicking on the folder. Watch the video located in the folder called “Module 1 video”.
- After watching the video, complete the “Module 1 quiz” which is located in the “Materials” section of the Volunteer Training class. Simply click on the quiz called “Module 1 quiz” to get started.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 for modules 2 and 3.