The Northfield Middle School Student Support team provides the following services to students and parents:
- Academic support for students who need some extra assistance with their school work.
- Registration of new students
- Scheduling for all students
- Report cards and honor roll
- Individual and group counseling for all students
- Monitor 504 Accommodation Plans
- Make connections to community agencies
Student Support Office
Student support staff are available to assist middle school students and their families. To find your counselor or contact other student support staff, open the accordion tabs below.
Administrative Assistant: Kimberly Tousignant | 507.663.0664
The Will Program offers a supportive learning environment to encourage success. The Will Program operates as a structured study center where students have access to a classroom teacher and two educational assistants along with class sizes of no more than 10 students. This support will occur instead of a traditional study hall. It is an intensive support that will combine the following:
- Academic Advising
- Goal Setting and Monitoring
- Academic interventions based upon individual need
- Weekly lessons focused on supporting essential skills
- SEL skills and tools
The mission of TORCH is to improve the graduation and post-secondary participation rates of Northfield’s minority students, low-income students, and youth who would be first-generation college attendees.
TORCH partners are committed to the establishment and monitoring of outcome measures to assess the project’s success. Through the proposed activities, TORCH partners expect to also see the following measurable outcomes annually:
- 90% of TORCH students will remain in school.
- 90% of TORCH seniors will graduate from high school.
- Over 50% of TORCH graduates will pursue post-secondary education.
- 60% of TORCH graduates enrolled in post-secondary schools will complete their first year in college and progress towards earning a degree.
- 40% of TORCH students will demonstrate improvement in core academic subjects.