Students and staff are welcome to visit the media center at any time—our hours are 8:15 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
Media Center Staff
Amanda Heinritz, Library Media Specialist
Anna Kelly, Media Center Educational Assistant
Please return books on time so others can enjoy them, too! Check with your classroom teacher to find out which day students will visit the media center. Kindergarten students are allowed to check out one book. Students in grades 1-5 check out two books. Books are due seven days after checkout. Students must pay for lost or damaged books.
Resources for Learning
These sites provide student access to reference resources, including newspapers, books, magazines and multimedia content.
- Online Databases and Safe Searches
Media Class Links
2nd Grade Links
3rd Grade Links
- Planets for Kids
- National Geographic Kids – Space, click on any topic
- Planet Wordsearch Online
- Planet / Moon Rock Game on ABCya.com
- Planet Game and Video
- BrainPop Video on Space Flight
- BrainPop Video about Aliens!
- How to use Call Numbers Video
- BrainPop Video on Digital Manners
- BrainPop Video on Internet Safety
- Brain Pop Video on many famous people, chose someone to view. log in with
- BrainPop Video on the Media Center (review)
4th grade Links
- Greek Index
- Ancient Greek Mythology – Ducksters
- BBC Bitesize
- History of Kids
- Mount Olympus Tales Beyond Belief
Greek Gods Info
- Greek Mythology for Kids
- States and Capital Toss
- State Bingo
- US State Puzzle
- US State Games
5th grade Links
- Kindergarten Links
Children's Book Awards
Enjoy browsing current nominations children’s book awards at our media center.
Maud Hart Lovelace Award
The purpose of this award is to encourage recreational reading among school-aged children. Division I titles are intended for grades 3-5 and Division II titles are intended for grades 6-8. Winners are announced around Maud’s birthday, April 25.
Star of the North Award
The purpose of this award is to promote quality, engaging picture books and reading for pleasure among school-aged children with a primary focus picture books intended for kindergarten to grade 2 students.
Caldecott Medal 2017 Winner Radiant Child
Newbery Medal 2017 Winner The Girl That Drank the Moon
Geisel Award 2017 Winner We Are Growing: A Mo Willems’ Elephant & Piggie Like Reading! Book
Belpré Award 2017 Winner Juana & Lucas