The Finance Department exists to facilitate good stewardship of our financial resources so the district can deliver educational excellence that empowers all learners to engage in our dynamic world.
Our finance professionals are dedicated to financial management systems that efficiently and effectively maximize the tax payer dollars entrusted to us.
- 84% of our annual operating budget is for direct student instruction and support
- Our District’s AA+ S&P Bond Rating (second highest possible rating) is a testament to our strong fiscal oversight.
- Northfield’s annual operating fund expenditures per student is $11,668 for FY16. According to the MN Department of Education profiles, our spending is $288 per student lower than the state average.
- Our self-insured health insurance plan for employees is saving the district an average of one million annually in insurance premiums.
- Northfield received the School Finance Award from the MN Department of Education for 2016 financial reporting. This is the fifth year in a row we have received this honor.