The Finance Department is tasked with ensuring excellence in stewardship, one of the district’s strategic commitments.
Our finance professionals are dedicated to financial management systems that efficiently and effectively maximize the tax payer dollars entrusted to us.
- 80.5% of our annual operating budget is for direct student instruction and support.
- Our District’s AA+ S&P Bond Rating (second highest possible rating) is a testament to our strong fiscal oversight.
- In 2022, Northfield spent $13,090 per student on direct student instruction and support. This is $1,152 per student (10%) more than the state average.
- In 2022, Northfield spent $1,007 per student on administration and district services. This is $233 per student (19%) less than the state average.
- Northfield received the School Finance Award from the MN Department of Education for 2021 financial reporting. This is the tenth year in a row we have received this honor.