Outlining Our Vision, Mission, Strategic Commitments, & Benchmarks
Our 2027 strategic plan, adopted in January 022, is comprised of our vision, strategic commitments, and benchmarks. The strategic plan was developed based on input from the Northfield community – surveys and 15 meetings helped inspire our direction for the future. During a six-month planning period, we listened to staff, students, families, and advisory groups to inform these strategies.
We prepare every student for lifelong success by developing critical thinkers who are curious and ready to engage in our society.
We prioritize the engagement, satisfaction, and support of every student, staff member, and family.
We prepare every student to be academically and socially ready to choose their preferred pathway after high school graduation.
We ensure that every child has a fair opportunity to reach their full potential.
We communicate effectively and transparently with all stakeholders.
We responsibly manage our personnel, finances, property, time and environmental impact.
We seek community partnerships that accelerate student achievement of district benchmarks.
- All children are ready for kindergarten.
- All students are connected to the community.
- All students are at grade level in reading and mathematics by the end of third and sixth grades.
- All students exhibit physical, social and emotional well-being.
- All students have a connection with a caring adult beyond their parents as they transition to middle school.
- All students have interests, goals and a vision for the future by the end of eighth grade.
- All students graduate from high school with a plan to reach their full potential.
- All employees report satisfaction in the workplace.
- All parents report satisfaction with their children’s educational experience.
- The district maintains 16% of its annual expenditures in its unassigned fund balance to ensure financial stability.
- Community Education provides relevant and accessible learning opportunities for all residents.
Note: The first seven benchmarks are aligned with the language identified by Northfield Promise, a collective impact consortium of 20 community organizations committed to helping Northfield’s youth thrive “from cradle to career.”