Dear Northfield School District Families:
I want you to see a copy of a message the Northfield Middle School principal Greg Gelineau shared with middle school families this afternoon. We wanted you to be in the loop on this issue.
Matt Hillmann, Ed.D.
Superintendent of Schools
Dear Northfield Middle School Families:
I want you to know that the Middle School administration investigated a threatening statement written in a bathroom this morning. After a quick investigation, the Northfield Police Department and school administration have determined that there is no danger to the school.
These are the facts:
- The statement was written in pencil inside a stall in the girls’ bathroom in the 7th grade area.
- The graffiti was photographed and quickly removed.
- The school resource officer was immediately notified and assisted in the investigation.
- The administration believes several students saw the graffiti in the bathroom.
- The investigation determined that there is no danger to the school.
- Safety is an absolute priority. The district takes all potential threats of violence very seriously. Although it was determined that there is no danger to the school, it can still create a lot of fear. When students make threats to our school, believable or not, we use the Student Policy Manual for what to do about this unacceptable behavior.
While we cannot share any specific details, Mr. Gelineau will be happy to answer any concerns or questions you may have.
Greg Gelineau, Principal of Northfield Middle School
Matt Hillmann, Ed.D., Superintendent