Northfield Middle School, situated on an expansive campus just south of downtown Northfield, has a longstanding tradition of academic excellence. The staff of more than 100 is focused on offering a high quality, well-rounded education that strives to meet the specific needs of each student and prepare graduates for lifelong success.
In addition to the academic support students receive from educators, Northfield Middle School recognizes the tremendous benefits of a mentor relationship, offering an acclaimed, results-oriented program that pairs a number of students with adults in the community who can provide friendship, encouragement and homework assistance. Everyone on our team – from teachers and principals to staff members and mentors – supports the overarching mission of the organization: Empowering learners; inspiring confidence. It’s a commitment that inspires our work and is at the forefront of each and every interaction. On a daily basis we pledge to the following:
- Ensuring an environment that inspires self-directed learning and academic excellence.
- Promoting a caring and respectful community that encourages students to pursue their passions.
- Motivating students in a safe environment that inspires them to be contributing members of our society.
As you get to know Northfield Middle School a bit better, you’ll find that we’re committed to ongoing dialogue in order to ensure the very best learning atmosphere for your student. Even better, through Northfield Public Schools’ online information portal – Family Access – parents are kept up-to-date on their child’s progress in the classroom, including:
- A detailed schedule of your child’s day (including grades and assignments).
- Contact information for teachers.
- Daily attendance records.