To learn about volunteer opportunities at one of the district’s schools, please scroll down for the coordinator contact list.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering. Here are the 3 steps you need to begin:
1. Background Check & Confidentiality Acknowledgment
All volunteers are required to sign a confidentiality acknowledgment, plus an informed consent form that grants permission for the district to conduct a criminal background check. You may download these to complete by clicking on this link for an English version or by clicking here for a Spanish version. You can also receive a copy from the district staff member or program you plan to volunteer with. Please return completed forms to the staff member or program for which you will volunteer.
2. Volunteer Opportunities
Complete the volunteer questionnaire. To learn about specific volunteer opportunities or if you have questions, please contact one of the volunteer coordinators listed at the bottom of this page.
3. Online Volunteer Training
Only volunteers for after-school/out-of-school time programs need to complete online volunteer training.
Our volunteer training mini-course covers the basics of volunteering with Northfield students. The Schoology-based course includes a brief volunteer questionnaire, 3 short training videos and 3 short quizzes. Completing the entire training should take less than 30 minutes. You may start and stop as you wish; just be sure you know where you left off. All volunteers are expected to have completed the entire training before their 3rd session of volunteering in our schools. Instructions for how to get started are listed below.
How to Complete Volunteer Training
- Go to Schoology.com.
- If you’ve used Schoology before, login the usual way. If you’ve never used Schoology, don’t worry! Setting up an account is quick, easy and free. To sign up, click the “Sign up” button in the top, right corner. Click “Instructor” for account type. Next, enter in the information required to make your account.
- Once in Schoology, go to the “Courses” tab in the top navigation bar and select “Join.”
- Enter CM4TB-TFJHV as the access code.
- You’ve now joined the “Volunteer Training” class! On the class page for “Volunteer Training” click the “Materials” section on the left navigation bar.
- Enter the “Module 1” folder located on the center of the screen by clicking on the folder. Watch the video located in the folder called “Module 1 video”.
- After watching the video, complete the “Module 1 quiz” which is located in the “Materials” section of the Volunteer Training class. Simply click on the quiz called “Module 1 quiz” to get started.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 for modules 2 and 3.
Contact Volunteer Coordinators
Greenvale Park Elementary
Northfield Middle School
Northfield High School
Accelerate Northfield (Tutoring)
Middle School TORCH