- 7:00 a.m. – Office Opens
- 7:30 a.m. – Teachers Present
- 7:55 a.m. – Playground Supervision
- 7:55 a.m. – Non-Bus Students Arrive
- 8:15 a.m. – First Bell Rings (9:15 a.m. Wednesdays)
- 3:15 p.m. – Dismissal for all Students
Reporting an Absence
Please call the school attendance line at your child’s school by 8:30 a.m. every day that your child will not be in school. This line is a recorded message that you can call anytime, 24 hours a day.
Sibley attendance line: 507.645.3474
If a phone call is not received by 8:30 a.m. and your child does not arrive at school, you will be telephoned to verify the absence. Students who arrive after the beginning of the school day are to check in with the office for a late arrival slip before reporting to their classroom.
Should my child stay home from school?
Parents frequently have questions about when it is appropriate to stay home from school because of illness. Here are some guidelines to help with your decision. When in doubt, please contact the school nurse to help you decide what is best for your child, as well as your child’s classmates.
- If your child has had a temperature of 100.0 degrees or higher in the past 24 hours
- If your child is vomiting or has an unexplained rash, a persistent cough, or purulent drainage from an infection, he or she should stay home until symptom free for 24 hours or until your doctor approves returning to school.
- If your child feels ill enough that he/she would not be able to benefit from school
- If having your child at school would significantly put others at risk for contracting your child’s illness