Our licensed staff officially begin the 2016-17 school year tomorrow. I am excited to have them back – it means that kids are soon to follow! We are thrilled to have our Educational Assistants joining us on Tuesday as well. It will be a busy and productive week.
During four days of workshop, staff will be:
- Reconnecting with their colleagues, building and strengthening relationships with each other.
- Preparing for our students to return by getting their classrooms and curriculum ready (many have been in their classrooms already).
- Engaged in meetings designed to promote alignment and unity in our approaches (commonly referred to as ‘being on the same page’).
- Welcoming families to our elementary schools on Wednesday for the annual Ready, Set, Go! day.
- Jump start their Professional Learning Communities for the 2016-17 school year.
- Exercising their own voice & choice in professional development by self-selecting sessions that are meaningful to them at our conference-style sessions on Wednesday (secondary staff) and Thursday (all staff).
- Have an opportunity to participate in sessions designed to inform the development of our strategic plan.
The beginning of the year always involves a few curve balls — things that present themselves that were not anticipated. Our staff will handle those items with professionalism and grace as well. Northfield is fortunate to have an incredible collection of talented educators working with our children. I am honored to serve them as Superintendent. It is time to get the 2016-17 year rolling…here we go!