Middle School 6-8
Detention is an after-school service or study hall time assigned to students as a consequence. Detention may be assigned by teachers or administration and may be held in the teachers’ classroom or student office. Office detentions are from 3:00-3:45, Monday through Thursday, or during lunch periods, Monday through Friday.
One of the following could happen if a student fails to complete a detention:
- The detention time can double.
- A full day of in-school detention can be assigned.
- Loss of privileges (i.e. lunch seating, non-academic activities, etc.)
High School 9-12
Detention will be held during Flex hour. Students receive a reminder during period four on the day they have detention.
- Students must arrive on time.
- Students must have something to study or read.
- No talking, sleeping, or cell phone use.
- Students must remain in the room throughout the assigned time.
Last modified: June 20, 2023