To receive referrals from any person who has identified a student as at-risk for academic, social, emotional, or behavioral problems. To initiate comprehensive and coordinated services for such students. To serve as a resource for families of those students and for the staff who work with them. To address appropriate program and policy issues, especially those related to students’ non-academic concerns (e.g. attendance, limited access, mandatory reporting).
- To be an access point for concerned persons to refer at-risk students.
- To assure that, within the team, the exchange of ideas and concerns will occur on an open, yet confidential, basis.
- To determine appropriate resources for referred students and to develop an action plan to meet their needs.
- To implement the action plan, provide feedback to the person who initiated the referral, and monitor follow-up.
- To refer appropriate students to the Special Education Referral Review Team and provide the referral form to the regular education teacher.
- To identify and address program and policy issues which affect the student group served by the team.
Principal, psychologist, social worker, special education teacher, referring person and nurse.
Middle School 6-8
The Student Support Office offers students an opportunity to receive assistance with academic and/or personal problems. Parents/guardians are also encouraged to call or set up an appointment with one of the counselors if they have academic or other concerns/questions about their student. Students are assigned to a counselor by alphabet. Please call our Student Support Office at 507-663-0664. Our Student Support Office Secretary will assist you in connecting with the appropriate staff member.
- Students whose last name begins with A through He – Jenny Streefland
- Students whose last name begins with Hi through Pa – Jenny Streefland
- Students whose last name begins with Pe through Z – Cori Yamry
- Social Worker – Heather Stanton-Ims
- School Psychologist – Marcy Korynta
The Middle School offers a number of support groups for students. If students or parents/guardians would like more information about these or any other groups, please contact Student Support Services.
Last modified: June 21, 2023