There are a number of ways for parents/guardians to become involved with their child’s school. Being a parent/guardian volunteer is probably the most active way to become involved. A form will be provided for parents/guardians to volunteer their services.
All parents/guardians are members of our Parent/Teacher Organization (PTO). Meetings will be held 7-8 times per year to discuss areas of interest. An agenda will be published and all parents/guardians are welcome to attend. Parents/Guardians may contact their representative or the school to provide input on topics of interest. The goal of the PTO is to support schools through parent/guardian involvement. Plans for this year include strengthening the relationship between the elementary buildings to support the total elementary program. Parents/Guardians also have opportunities to attend open houses, parent/guardian/teacher conferences, and other school functions throughout the year.
- Advisory capacity to School Administrative Staff.
- Forum for discussion of school policies/procedures.
- Vehicle for communication of school program/curriculum to parents/guardians.
- Promotion of all parent/guardian or student programs/activities.
- Identifying and communicating needs to the community.
- Not a forum for discussion of personnel issues.
Last modified: June 20, 2023