Previous district updates have highlighted the discussion and events held so far as part of the process in determining how to address the facility problems at NHS. Here is what is coming up:
- The board will hold a work session on Tuesday, Jan. 16 from 5:30 pm—7:30 pm in the high school media center.
- Representatives from Wold Architects and Knutson Construction will be on hand to discuss the cost of potential options to solve the facility problems the board has identified.
- NHS facility tours are scheduled for Jan. 20 and Feb. 3.
- The tour begins at 10:00 a.m. and takes approximately two hours.
- The tour will begin in the high school media center.
- A public meeting to seek feedback from district stakeholders will be held on Jan. 29, beginning at 6:00 p.m. in the high school auditorium. The format is as follows:
- There will be a brief presentation about the decision-making process, the problems identified with the facility, and potential options to address those problems.
- Attendees will break into groups, led by board members and administrators, and be able to share their ideas and feedback in a smaller setting.
- Attendees will have the opportunity (two minutes each) to share their perspective with the full board in a public comment-style setting.
- The board will debrief what it has learned from attendees to close the session.
Contact Matt Hillmann (email@example.com ) with any questions about the public meeting.