2022-23 District Family Update No. 14 | Jan. 10, 2023
Board appoints Robert Coleman as the temporary replacement for Noel Stratmoen
Reading time: 58 seconds
Dear Northfield School District Families:
The Board of Education appointed Robert Coleman as the temporary replacement for Noel Stratmoen at their regular meeting last night.
Why it matters
- Mr. Stratmoen submitted a temporary resignation for health reasons as permitted by Minnesota Statute 123B.09 Subd.4. The board received the letter at their Dec. 12 meeting and also declared a vacancy at that meeting.
- Board policy 203 requires the filling of vacant board seats following Minnesota law.
- Robert will serve as a board member until Mr. Stratmoen submits another letter stating he is prepared to return to the board or until the end of his current term, whichever is earliest.
More about Robert Coleman
- Mr. Coleman is the parent of a first grader and a pre-schooler.
- He grew up and attended school while living in Montana’s Blackfeet Reservation.
- He earned a B.A. in history at the University of Montana and an M.A. in history from Arizona State University.
- Mr. Coleman has served on numerous school district committees and task forces. He ran for the board in 2020 and 2022.
- You can read about the timeline used for the process here, including those people who submitted the interest form.
- Seven eligible residents completed an online interest form.
- You can read about the meeting procedures here.
- The district collaborated with the Minnesota School Boards Association about the timeline and procedures for the appointment.
Don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions or feedback.