Stay on track and meet your goals – all online!
Middle and high schoolers are never alone with Portage online learning. They will enjoy a safe, positive and comfortable learning environment – in addition to access to support from one of the district’s learning coaches while using the Edgenuity platform.
Secondary Portage General Information
Secondary Portage information, guidelines, and a brief orientation are available here.
In addition to a wide range of courses and content area tutoring, students also enjoy the following benefits:
- Access to learning coaches, content specialist teachers, school counselors, social workers and more
- Flexibility to individualize (retakes, customization of courses, differentiated assignments) courses
- Ability to take up to two courses in person at the middle and high school buildings for art, music, tech ed or AP courses
- Access to career and college coursework
- Platform courses are self-paced, but learning coaches will meet with students weekly to maintain appropriate pacing for students to finish within four years
- Platform- and teacher-embedded content
- Students can use their own device or be provided with an iPad if needed
In-Person & Socialization Opportunities
Students have the ability to participate in co-curricular and athletic programs at Northfield Middle and High Schools.