- Today: Cheese or Pepperoni Pizza, Fresh Peppers & Low Fat Dip, Pears; Alternate Line: None
- Next Monday: Hamburger, Cheese or Veggie Burger, Shredded Romaine Lettuce, Seasoned Sweet Potatoes, Pears; Alternate Line: Chicken Sandwich
- Band: Day 4
- Orchestra: No Lessons
- Buy a Yearbook: To purchase a yearbook, go to the NMS web page, and click on the yearbook icon. Please see Ms. Van den Akker or Ms. Dolan if you have questions.
- Music in Our Schools: April is Music in our Schools month and the Morning News is inviting you and your friends to show off your musical talents during the Morning News! To participate, sign-up on the sheet posted on the Media Center door. Performances may be solo or up to 6 students. Please let Mrs. Sieve know if you need special accommodations in the studio. Remember, the Morning News is video streamed from the Middle School website, so this opportunity just might be your ticket to stardom!
- Trash for Cash: The Trash for Cash competition begins next Monday and runs through April 13. Contributors could win a DQ treat to be delivered to study hall April 16 or 17. Trash for Cash items include: box tops; milk caps labeled 5 cents from Milk Moola, Kemps and Land O’ Lakes; milk strips from Milk Moola; Econofoods receipts, Tyson Chicken Project A+; Holy Land Hummus labels; and more! See the Middle School web site or the flyer available in the Main Office.
- Last Call – Favorite Teacher, Favorite Book: Lots of teachers and students are getting their picture taken reading together. Mrs. Sieve will be printing these and putting the on display in the Media Center next week. This is a really great way of telling your favorite teacher how much you respect him or her. Stop in the Media Center for more information.
- Morning News Crew: Stop in the Media Center for the April schedule.
- March Students of the Month: Congratulations to the following students who were selected as Students of the Month for March: Siri Hoff, Daniel Leidner, Elijah Leer, Courtney Nelson, Carson Babbini, Bailey Hoffer, Thea Pitsavas, Chris Antoine, Lauren Wieber, Lauren Bristol, and Brian Jeffrey.
April 2 – 13 Spring Trash to Cash Contest
April 3 ESL: Diary of Anne Frank Field Tri
April 4 Nthfld News Design an Ad – 6th grade
April 5 TEAM UP – Multicultural Music Event
April 6 Last Day to register for Spring Sports
April 9 School Board Mtg., 7 pm, HS Media Center
April 9 – 12 MCA III Math Testing; Gr. 6 – 8
April 10 MS Strings Festival, 4 pm, Rm. 57
April 10 National Library Staff Day
April 15 – 20 Volunteer Appreciation Week
April 17 Gr. 5 Parent Night, 6 pm, MS Aud.
April 17 MCA III Reading Testing; Gr. 6 – 8
April 20 Gr. 8 Band MMEA Festival, Hastings, MN
April 20 The Musical Adventures of Flat Stanley, 7 pm, MS Aud.
April 21 The Musical Adventures of Flat Stanley, 7 pm, MS Aud.
April 22 Earth Day
April 23 School Board Mtg., 7 pm, HS Media Center
April 24 – 25 MCA II Science Testing; Gr. 8
April 26 MS/HS Jazz Band Concert, 7:30 pm, HS Aud.
April 27 MS Student Council Dance, 3 p.m.
May 3 MS Choir Concert, 7:30 pm, MS Aud.
May 3 Cinco de Mayo Celebration
May 8 – 9 Gr. 6, Concordia Language Village Field Trip
May 23 BW Espectaculo de Talento, 8:00 am, MS Auditorium