- Today: Mexican Lunch: Cheese Quesadilla, Toppings, Vegetarian Refried Beans, Fruit Choice, Small Churro; Alternate Line: Pizza
- Next Monday: Hamburger, Cheese or Veggie Burger, Shredded Romaine Lettuce, Seasoned Potatoes, Pears; Alternate Line: Corn Dog
- Band: Day 3
- Orchestra: Maroon, Group 2
- Buy a Yearbook: To purchase a yearbook, go to the NMS web page, and click on the yearbook icon. Please see Ms. Van den Akker or Ms. Dolan if you have questions.
- 8th Grade Twins Game: Students planning on attending the Twins game at Target Field May 15 must turn in the permission slip and money to Mr. Croone or Ms. McDonough by 3:00 p.m. today. There will be NO EXCEPTIONS; and, all media overdue books must be renewed or turned in to the Media Center before a ticket may be purchased.
- Morning News: Two students are needed to take over Math Challenge. If interested, please see Mrs. Sieve in the Media Center.
- News Crew Members: The March schedule is now available to be picked up in the Media Center. Students who do not pick up the schedule will be removed from the crew member list.
- Popcorn: Popcorn will be sold in the Media Center today. The cost is fifty cents and “we don’t make change”!
- Golf: 7th and 8th grade girls interested in playing golf this spring should come to an information meeting Tuesday, March 6 at 3:00 p.m. in Mrs. Dokken’s room, #170. If unable to attend, see Mrs. Dokken for information.
- Trash: The school-wide Trash for Cash competition is coming up. All students bringing in Trash for Cash items between April 2 and April 13 will have their names entered into a drawing. Items should be placed in a paper or plastic bag, with student’s name written on the outside, and then deposited in the collection drawers in the front office or in one of the Trash for Cash paper bags located in the classrooms. Trash for Cash items include milk tops, bagged milk strips, “Box Tops for Education” labels, and more! See the NMS home page for a complete list.
- Grade 6: The referral challenge is on! Make your suggestions for the incentive your grade could win by setting the all-time record for fewest student referrals. Write down your ideas and drop them; in the collection box in the media center. The top suggestions will be narrowed down to a final list on which 6th graders will vote after spring break.
- Spirit Week Dress-Up Days:
Monday: Pajama Day
Tuesday: Sports Jersey Day
Wednesday: Hat Day
Thursday: Fashion Throwback Day (60’s, 70’s and 80’s)
Friday: Raider Pride Day
- Spirit Week: NMS Raiders T-shirts will be sold, $10 each, during lunch next Tuesday and Wednesday. All proceeds will go toward establishing a Student Scholarship Fund for field trips, etc.
March 5 National School Social Worker Week
March 6 7th Grade Courage Retreat
March 6 Theatreworks Play, Nfld. Elem. Schools, MS Aud.
March 7 School Principals Day
March 7 Grade 6, Cyberbullying Presentation, MS Aud.
March 11 Daylight Savings Time Begins
March 12 School Board Mtg., 7:00 p.m., HS Media Center
March 12 Spring Sports Registration Begins
March 16 End of 3rd Quarter
March 19-23 No School/Spring Break
March 26 Begin 4th Quarter
March 26 School Board Mtg., 7:00 p.m., HS Media Center
March 28 Gr. 6 Children’s Theatre Field Trip, 9:00 a.m.
March 29 District Orchestra Concert, 7:00 p.m., HS Gym
April 2 – 13 Spring Trash to Cash Contest
April 3 ESL: Diary of Anne Frank Field Trip
April 6 Last Day to register for Spring Sports
April 9 School Board Mtg., 7:00 p.m., HS Media Center
April 9 – 12 MCA III Math Testing, Gr. 6-8
April 10 MS Strings Festival, 4:00 p.m., Rm. 57
April 10 National Library Staff Day
April 15 – 20 Volunteer Appreciation Week
April 17 5th Grade Parent Night, 6:00 p.m., MS Auditorium
April 17 MCA III Reading Testing, Gr. 6 – 8
April 20 8th Grade Band MMEA Festival, Hastings, MN
April 20 The Musical Adventures of Flat Stanley, 7, MS Aud.
April 21 The Musical Adventures of Flat Stanley, 7, MS Aud.
April 22 Earth Day
April 23 School Board Mtg., 7:00 p.m., HS Media Center
April 24 – 25 MCA II Science Testing, Gr. 8
April 26 MS / HS Jazz Band Concert, 7:30 p.m., HS Aud.
April 27 MS Student Council Dance, 3:00 p.m.