- Today: Rotini & Meatballs, Steamed Broccoli, Garlic Bread Stick, Fruit Choice; Alternate Line: Chicken Alfredo
- Tomorrow: Chicken Tenders, Assorted Sauces, Fluffy Brown Rice, Steamed Vegetables, Fruit Choice; Alternate Line: Mini Corn Dog
- Band: Day 3
- Orchestra: Maroon, Group 4
- Spellers: Congratulations to our top spellers, Hannah Mahr and Olivia Riggins. Yesterday 25 students from around the state competed in the Regional Spelling Bee. Of those 25 only six are progressing to the next level. Both Olivia and Hannah are advancing to the next round of Regionals which will be held in Rochester February 28. The champion of that contest will head to Washington, D.C. to compete in the National Spelling Bee competition.
- Yearbook: This week’s meeting will be held today after school. Three meetings are left until all pages are due. Keep taking photos and then return checked out cameras.
- Order Yearbook: Order yearbook by going to the :Middle School web page and clicking on the yearbook icon. Any questions may be directed to Ms. Van den Akker or Ms. Dolan.
- Popcorn: For sale in the Media Center this Friday. The cost is fifty cents and we don’t make change!
- Cast of Flat Stanley: Pick up your schedules from Mrs. Turnacliff in Room 164, or from Mrs. Penning the Choir Room. The new rehearsal schedule runs through March 2. The entire cast is scheduled for rehearsal next Monday and Tuesday. The 4 all-cast songs must be memorized.
February 18 MNSOTA Middle Level Honors Orchestra Concert,
11:15 a.m. Mpls. Convention Ctr.
February 20 President’s Day
February 20 Current 6th & 7th Grade Students Register Online
for 2012-2013 School Year
February 21 MS Winter Band Concert, 7:00 p.m., MS Auditorium
February 24 MNSOTA Orchestra Festival, Gr. 7 & 8
February 27 School Board Mtg., 7:00 p.m., HS Media Center
March 1 AP Science Presentation, Gr. 8, 7:45 a.m., MS Aud.
March 1 MS Conferences 4:00 – 8:00 p.m.
March 5 National School Social Worker Week
March 6 7th Grade Courage Retreat
March 6 Theatreworks Play, Nfld Elementary Schools, MS Aud.
March 7 School Principals Day
March 11 Daylight Savings Time Begins – Spring ahead one hour.
March 12 School Board Mtg., 7:00 p.m., HS Media Center
March 12 Spring Sports Registration Begins
March 16 End of 3rd Quarter
March 19-23 No School / Spring Break
March 26 Begin 4th Quarter
March 26 School Board Mtg., 7:00 p.m., HS Media Center
March 28 Gr. 6 Children’s Theatre Field Trip, 9:00 a.m.
March 29 District Orchestra Concert, 7:00 p.m., HS Gym
April 2 – 13 Spring Trash to Cash Contest
April 3 ESL: Diary of Anne Frank Field Trip
April 6 Last Day to register for Spring Sports
April 9 School Board Mtg., 7:00 p.m., HS Media Center
April 9 – 12 MCA III Math Testing, Gr. 6-8
April 10 MS Strings Solo and Ensemble Festival, 4:00 p.m.
April 10 National Library Staff Day
April 15 – 20 Volunteer Appreciation Week