Our Transformational Technology orientation and distribution events begin today for 6th-8th Grade students at Northfield Middle School. You can view more about the schedule by clicking here. Here are some key components for today:
- The orientation is your first stop. This presentation will be held in the auditorium, every hour on the hour, beginning at 12 pm. The last orientation session will start at 6 pm. Unfortunately, due to the volume of people coming through at the distribution sessions, we won’t be able to take questions at the end. You can either connect personally with a school administrator after the orientation or submit your question online for a response.
- After the orientation, you will proceed to pay the iPad insurance fee (you can skip this step if you have paid your insurance fee online and bring the printed receipt.)
- After paying the insurance fee, you can move to the Media Center to check out your iPad. You’ll receive your iPad in a cardboard box. We ask that you write your name and grade on the box and hand it to one of our volunteers after it is checked out. This is to assist with our record keeping process.
- After checking out your iPad and giving your box back to one of of our volunteers, you’ll proceed to the cafeteria to collect and assemble your case, the Griffin Survivor. This is the most difficult part of the process, but worth it for the protection the case provides.
- You can leave the Middle School after one of our volunteers has checked that the case is properly installed.
There are a few apps already installed on Middle School iPads:
- Google Drive – this apps allows students to connect with their Google Apps account for word processing and spreadsheet work.
- iBooks – this app will allow students to read PDF files and other books provided by the school
- Notability – the standard note taking app that the District has purchased for students.
- Schoology – this app is the learning management system that students will use.
- Skyward – an app that allows students to connect with Family Access to check their schedules (when available), grades, etc.
Other apps will be delivered wirelessly to students later this week and next week.
Again, please make sure to take time to read the iPad Loan Agreement. This is important for understanding your opportunities and responsibilities!