I spent quite a bit of time this week presenting ideas about our transformational technology project with students, staff, and community members.
On Tuesday, we ran two student focus groups – at the Middle School and High School. After briefly explaining the research we are engaged in, I asked students (approximately 14 students at each site) to discuss four questions:
- What do you think would be positive about all students having a tablet computer?
- What would concern you about all students having a tablet computer?
- What would you expect your teachers to do differently if all students had a tablet computer?
- Do you believe students would take care of a tablet computer? What procedures do you think would be appropriate if students misuse their tablet computer?
- Saturday, April 21st from 10 am – 12 pm
- Tuesday, April 24 from 7 pm – 9 pm