New in 2016-17
Our parking lot has changed. Beginning this year, we will be using the exit from last year as our entrance this year. Please watch the Parking Lot Safety Video so that you are familiar with these changes.
Regardless of the framework, it is only as safe as the folks who drive the cars in and out everyday.
Key safety points:
- Children will enter and exit vehicles on the curb side only in the drop-off and pick-up lane. Do not allow children to enter or exit vehicles on the traveling lane side of the car.
- Use the crosswalk when walking across the traveling lane, drop-off or pick-up lane.
- Drivers should not leave a car unattended in the drop off and pick up lane.
- When dropping off and picking up children in front of the building, drivers should move forward each time the car in front of them moves forward or out of the drop-off and pick-up lane.
- Diagonal parking is available in front of the building. Be watchful of cars pulling out of those spaces.
Adults are posted in the parking lot during drop-off and pick-up times. They are present to keep students safe. Drivers need to be respectful of the adult supervisors and comply with their directions. If not, the principal will have to take measures to assure the safety of students.
Occasionally, parents need to use the staff parking lot and bus lanes for special-event parking. Here are examples of special events:
- Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Holiday Sings
- Evening of the Arts
- Field-trip Days (when multiple grade levels go on a field trip on the same day)
- Building-wide Meeting
Bus Lane Warning
When parking in the bus lanes for a special event, all vehicles need to be moved by 2:45 p.m. or drivers risk being towed at owner expense.
Parents can park on Lincoln Boulevard at any time where the city ordinance allows. Please do not park on the school side curb on Lincoln Parkway just in front of the crosswalk at Lathrop and Lincoln Parkway.