Assistive Technology increases learning opportunities, participation, and independence for students with special needs. The Northfield Assistive Technology Program collaborates with IEP teams to provide assistive technology solutions that empower students to reach their goals and achieve success.
What is Assistive Technology?
Assistive technology is a tool that helps a student with a disability perform tasks and activities more effectively at school. Assistive technology can be low or high tech, ranging from a pencil grip for writing to a computer that helps a student communicate with others.
Northfield Assistive Technology Services:
- Consultation and collaboration with school teams to provide strategies and feedback on provision of assistive technology to special education students
- Leadership and guidance in team evaluation of the student’s assistive technology needs and identification of appropriate assistive technology interventions
- Acquisition and provision of assistive technology
- Training and professional development on assistive technology tools and resources
- Technical support for equipment maintenance, repair, adaptation, or replacement
Who to Contact
Lori Warner, Assistive Technology Consultant